Stanford Medicine 25
Promoting the Culture of Bedside Medicine
We teach and promote bedside exam skills to students, residents and healthcare professionals both in person and online.
For the secret of the care of the patient is in caring for the patient. - Peabody
The Stanford Medicine 25 blog hosts cases, stories and announcements from our team. Below is an overview of our most recents posts.
Abraham Verghese’s passion for patient care and physician wellbeing is contagious. It’s also attracting national attention, as with this recent Medscape article: Abraham Verghese: ‘Revolution’ Starts at Bedside.
Writing for The Atlantic last summer, Anu Atluru, MD, lamented the depersonalization that can happen in medical training and offered an alternative to the current script. It was improv.
Scleroderma is an autoimmune disease with sclerotic (thickened) skin and many other clinical findings such as hyper and hypo pigmentation of skin, telangiecstasias and many other possible findings reviewed here.
In a career that spans more than five decades, Jerome P. Kassirer, M.D. has been an acclaimed kidney specialist, clinical researcher, administrator, author, creator of new medical disciplines and, during the decade of the 1990s, editor-in-chief of the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine.
- Gait Abnormalities
- Fundoscopic Exam
- Ankle Brachial Index
- Cerebellar Exam
- Hand Exam
- Lymph Node Exam
- Cardiac Second Sounds
- Pulsus Paradoxus and Blood Pressure Measurement Techniques
- Neck Veins & Wave Forms
- Precordial Movements in the Cardiac Exam
- Pulmonary Exam: Percussion & Inspection
- Examination of the Spleen
- Examination of the Liver
- Liver Disease, Head to Foot
- Ascites & Venous Patterns
- Examination of the Tongue
- Thyroid Exam
- Low Back Exam, Approach to
- Hip Region Exam, Approach to
- Knee Exam
- Shoulder Exam
- Deep Tendon Reflexes
- Pupillary Responses
- Involuntary Movements
- Internal Capsule Stroke
- Dermatology Exam: Learning the Language
- Dermatology Exam: Nevi (Mole) Exam
- Dermatology Exam: Acne vs. Rosacea
- Bedside Ultrasound
- Pelvic Exam
- Rectal Exam